Monday, November 17, 2008

Lemon Chicken


Menu:
Greek Salad (minus the tomatoes, plus kalamata olives and pepperoncini)
Green Beans
Lemon Chicken with Fingerling Potatoes
(A friend of ours made this for us, and the kids loved it! Now we make it a lot. I don't have an actual recipe for it, but this is how I remember it).

Lemon Chicken
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
1/4 c. olive oil
4 chicken breast halves
1 onion, sliced
Potatoes, cut in large pieces (I usually use Yukon Gold and cut in quarters)

1) Preheat oven (I set mine at 425 degrees).
2) Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to baking dish with potatoes and onion.
3) Mix lemon juice, olive oil and 1/2 c. water and pour over chicken/potatoes/onion.
4) Bake for 45 minutes (but, I always overcook poultry so it probably doesn't need to be so long -- this does stay moist with all the liquids, however) -- pour juices over chicken a few times while baking.

No comments: