Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chicken Tikka Masala

dinner111410

Menu:
Chicken Tikka Masala || The Indian Slow Cooker
Brown Jasmine Rice (that's what we had in the house...)
Tandori Naan

I know this photo doesn't really do this meal justice, but trust me -- it was really good. My friend Molly has been experimenting with some of the recipes from this cookbook, and has had some really good results. Since Indian is a favorite in our house, I knew this was a cookbook I had to buy.  I don't utilize the slow cooker enough but love the concept. I knew we'd have a busy day, so wanted to make something that didn't require much work. I did start the marinating process yesterday, but really, it was all very easy and it tasted absolutely amazing. Brian was in heaven.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Dahling Cousin - Could you pleeeease email me this recipe? We too love Indian food, but I've never seen a slow cooker version of this. Yum!

And why is it that some of the yummiest foods photograph like a dog's breakfast? I saw one blogger describe the photo she didn't post of an awesome pumpkin curry as "orange vomit." Now that's a visual for you...