Thursday, September 29, 2011

Onion Pasta

dinner092911

Menu:
Onion Pasta
Salad

NOTE: The last time we had this, we had just brought our newborn second son home from the hospital. My mom came to spend the night, help keep my sanity, and make us dinner. She knew we'd be overwhelmed, and wrote down the recipe since it was a simple dinner. Times have changed. My boys are now 9 and 7. And instead of being overwhelmed by a 2-year old and newborn, one of my focuses is on how to keep up with my kid's schedules, and still have time for a home cooked dinner. We have something going on every night except Fridays, and weekends are filled with soccer games. Some nights we don't get home until 7:30, and from what I hear, schedules get worse. The point is, I'm always trying to find easy, quick and delicious meals. I remember liking this one way back then, and I have no idea why it took me seven years to make it again.

Onion Pasta

4 white onions
olive oil
2 eggs
parmesan cheese - grated
parsley, fresh
spaghetti (I used 1/2 pound)

  • Slice onion into 1/4"-1/2" rings.
  • Put onion in pan and drizzle on top with 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil.
  • Caramelize onions for about 1/2 hour (stir occasionally).
  • Just before onions are done, boil water for pasta and cook.
  • While pasta is cooking , mix eggs and parmesan cheese to make a paste.
  • Drain pasta, and toss warm pasta with egg mixture (this will cook the eggs)
  • Stir in caramelized onion and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
  • On the side, you can offer feta cheese or more parmesan.

No comments: